WHAT GRATITUDE CAN DO? Adapted from the article of Victoria Brauer
“I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness—it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” ~Brené Brown
1. You’re better able to be present. There’s no better moment than the now. Practice gratitude to enable yourself to be entirely present.
2. It boosts confidence. When you focus on appreciating what you have, you feel less concerned about what you lack, and that can help boost confidence.
3. Being thankful means less worry. Practicing gratitude helps lift away worry because you recognize and appreciate that you have enough.
4. Gratitude improves your sleep. Recognizing our blessings and worrying less enables us to sleep better.
5. It also improves relationships. Showing gratitude toward others goes a long way and creates better connections.
6. Gratitude leads to generosity, which can be highly rewarding. Observing thankfulness helps us identify how fortunate we are, which naturally gives us the desire to give.
*** Discover the benefits of giving by helping a friend, family, or the community.