17 advice from Buddha to help you live a better life
1. Do not dwell in the past do not dream of the future concentrate the mind on the present moment.
2. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
3. Three things cannot be long hidden the sun the moon and the truth.
4. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
5. The mind is everything what you think you become.
6. To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
7. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
8. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
9. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
10. Peace comes from within do not seek it without.
11. Do not overrate what you have received, or envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
12. Each death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
13. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of harming another; you end up getting burned.
14. All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain? Of course not and this brings you back to transforming the mind in order to transform your life.
15. However many holy words you speak however many you read, what good will they do you if you do not act on them?
16. The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
17. Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.